To Use your EBT card at the Market:
- Go to Rexburg Farmer’s Market (RFM) Market Booth to swipe your EBT card.
- Volunteer swipes card and hands back the appropriate amount of tokens (in $1 & $5 values) and hands receipt to customer. Volunteers track type of token and number of tokens exchanged throughout market day.
- Customer purchases produce/meat/coffee/etc. with tokens at vendor booth. See below for a list of SNAP-eligible purchases. Change MAY NOT be given back to customers for SNAP purchases.
- At the end of the market day, Vendor goes to RFM Market booth with tokens from the day’s sales to cash out. All token exchanges are recorded for the day per vendor.
- Tokens never expire.
- Tokens can only be used at the Rexburg Farmer’s Market.
- Tokens may be exchanged at the end of that Market day for a refund directly to the customer’s card.
- Participating vendors will display placards at their booths if they accept SNAP tokens.
SNAP/Food Stamps may only be used to purchase fresh produce and groceries at Market. SNAP/Food Stamps are not eligible to purchase on-site prepared or hot foods, personal care items, alcohol, or tobacco. A list will also be displayed at the RFM Market booth. Here is a general list of what items can/cannot be purchased with SNAP:
- Milk and Cheese
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Seeds and Plants (used to grow food)
- Bread and Baked Goods
- Jams and Jellies
- Flour, Grain, and Nuts
- Packaged Coffee and Tea
- Alcoholic beverages
- Goat milk soap
- Prepared foods (including crepes, pizza, burritos, sandwiches, etc.)
- Other ready-to-eat or drink items
- Other non-food items
- EBT – Electronic Benefits Transfer
- SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly know as the Food Stamp program)
- DUFB – Double Up Food Bucks
- Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) is a grant/sponsorship funded program to help those who use EBT to purchase more state grown or locally grown fresh vegetables and fruits. The program will match the EBT funding for a person who uses SNAP at the market up to $15 per market to help purchase more fruits and veggies. This opportunity is for SNAP customers only.